Monday 7 November 2011

Summer Lovin' (the weekend that was)


So this last weekend proved to be a shining example of one experiencing a quarter life crisis (qlc)....not cool!


It started off on a sticky Saturday morning with the untimely realisation that I'd left my car at Footscray station the day before. * Fuck. 


The worst part about this realisation was of course thinking back to my lazy ass self of the day before thinking ' if I don't pick my car up now, I'm going to be thoroughly pissed off tomorrow.' I call it masochism.  


So after calling my mum (who was not impressed) to take me to my car (a classic qlc move), I found awaiting me a juicy parking ticket. * Double fuck. Oh don't worry, it gets better...


On my way to the pool, sweltering now, I began to smell something like burning rubber. Can't be a good sign. And sure enough, after checking the temperature gauge for the first time  in oh  let's say..two years, much to my horror I discovered it hovering over the nasty red bit. * Shit.


As any responsible twenty-something I pulled over, parked the car and decided to go to the pool anyway and deal with it later.


But no, not yet, first my lovely friends had decided it was time for an ' INTER-FRIENDSION '. Just what I need! Enter best friends, Alice & Stacey. Not only did the girls make me feel bad about wearing a bikini top as a top but they also successfully made me cut up a credit card. 



Alice: aka joanjude, financial advisor & Dr. Tough Love





Stacey: aka Stacey-Lou, financial administrator & reformed hoarder




Me with credit card number 3....Nuff' said


So by now I know what you're thinking...Calippo time!!!



Calippo Tongue - So good!!!


So obviously I took their wise advice on board and spent my last pennies on pool entry, one trashy mag (that will come back to haunt me later) and a calippo.

And a lovely day was had by the pool...or was it???


The gorgeous Miss Stacey! Also note the cute guy with sunnies sitting down in the background, totes had a perve....



So obviously we are forgetting a fundamental problem here..the fucking car!!! On the way back from the pool it was decided, with the much needed advice of Stacey that it would be advisable to put water in the car. Heading back with a well-thought-out plan I happened upon a second hand kimono for only $5. Completely ignoring the financial advice I received earlier I  bought it in a heartbeat. Totes no regrets.



$5 Kimono. Amaaazing!



But back to the car....so I had to stop an old dude to find out where the water actually went. And happily it did turn out to be the place where Stacey had thought and that place did not in fact contain ' battery acid ' as I had so boldy announced earlier. Oops. Unfortunately however she was not able to tell me whether it mattered if you got water on the battery or not?? And to be honest I'm still perplexed....

Finally success! The temperature gauge returned to normal, we were headed home...until...
* FUCK

Enter RACV.....

Lovely English guy with thick London accent tells me that my 'clutch is cactus and there's a bleedin' ole' in me water pump'. 

Turns out my parents will not (this time) bail me out and I will be walking to the station until further notice. I'm not giving up on my car though, we've been through a lot together and I will continue to use and abuse till' death do us part. But I will need to concede $1000 in repairs until I can do that...Boo Hoo.


The greatest car that ever lived. Take that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.




Is that legal???





Broken window since April 2010. Sadly there is no risk of the car being stolen.






Even the number plate is mocking me...so sad!


So folks what are the lessons learnt here??

1. Cars are not toys.

2. Even toys are show more respect than ROQ 069.

3. Do not buy a $5 kimono and trashy mag then ask your friends if you can borrow $8.50 for a burger and chips

4. Do not wear bikini tops as tops.

5. Do not continue to drive car after it has been deemed a lemon.

6. Do not secretly re-order the credit card your friends have so kindly destroyed.

7. Calippos solve EVERYTHING!!!!

The End 

No comments:

Post a Comment